Posted: 22.03.20 at 14:24 by The Editor
Location: Huish, Yeovil
3 fire appliances from Yeovil were mobilised to a call from a neighbour reporting smoke issuing from the first floor window of a residential property, where the occupant could be seen inside trying to extinguish the fire.
Shortly after arriving the first crew confirmed this was a residential terraced building converted into flats, over 2 floors, with the fire located in a first floor flat. One male occupant was rescued from the flat by fire personnel and tended to by ambulance paramedics, whilst crews extinguished the fire, later confirmed to have be an electrical fire, which started accidentally.
At 11:48hrs crews confirmed the fire was out and the incident under control. Crews used 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet and a CO2 extinguisher, before isolating utilities and making the scene safe. Crews prevented the fire from spreading and the damage was light, by smoke and fire, confined to a boiler and the kitchen.