Residential Property Fire at Newton Road, Yeovil

  Posted: 01.03.20 at 01:24 by The Editor

us on Facebook

Date: 29.02.2020
Time: 21:47
Location: Newton Road, Yeovil

Fire Control received calls to a property on fire at the above location reports stated that a chip pan was on fire.

Fire engines from Yeovil and Sherborne were quickly mobilised, along with an Aerial Ladder Platform from Yeovil.

Fire Crews arrived on scene and confirmed a partial evacuation of premises so the incident was escalated as not all persons were accounted for. As part of the escalation, Fire Control mobilised a third fire engine from Sherborne and requested the attendance of an Ambulance.

Crews confirmed that the fire was contained to the kitchen of the multi-occupancy premises, crews got to work using 1 x breathing apparatus, a CO2 extinguisher and 1 x hose reel jet.  

One person was rescued from the building by Fire Service Personnel and suffered with heavy smoke inhalation. They were left in the hands of the Ambulance service for treatment.

The cause of the fire was believed to be a pan of cooking which ignited. Fire crews used 1 x hose reel jet, 1 x CO2 extinguisher, stage one BA and a Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan to extinguish to fire, there was 5% fire damage within the property and 10% smoke damage.

These are all the details we have on this incident at this time.

Date: 29.02.2020
Time: 00:09
Location: Severalls park, Crewkerne

This was a vehicle that had been driven into a s...